Friday, November 30, 2007

Beware of twins prone to panic

This is to prove that although some of us (read: ME) are real bitches, my friends and I really do care about each other A LOT. Even if the following is a comedy of errors.

I was out a couple nights ago with my temporary roomie and my former roomie having a couple of beers in midtown when my sister called to say that she got a cryptic email from our mutual friend, Ronnie. It said, "I just wanted to reach out to you about Christine". Jessica texted and called him back, then called Christine, and then called me when neither one of them answered here. I, in turn, called Christine, Ron, and every single other person we know in common, none of whom answered, except for one, whom I sent into a little panic with my "Do you know if Christine is alive?" questioning.

At some point, amidst all of this calling, my sister finally got Ron to answer the phone and he said he was talking to Christine before he texted Jess, and accidentally typed her name but he really meant to say "I just wanted to reach out to you about THE WEDDING", his pending nuptials, in which my sister will play Flower Girl (and please don't ask why a 31 year-old woman will be the Flower Girl because I don't have time to answer). In the meantime, Christine texted me all concerned because she had two missed calls from me and wanted to find out if I was okay, which I was now that I was no longer picturing her lying in the emergency room.

Which proves that my friends are a caring bunch. Or Jessica and I are just easily prone to panic. Because even if Ron had typed the word "Christine" in that text to Jessica, what made us think it was due to some kind of emergency? Maybe he was saying, "I'm reaching out to plan Christine's birthday party" or "I'm reaching out because Christine told me you like baklava". Could have been anything really.

No comments: