Thursday, November 22, 2007

It's kind of a cliche but I actually AM thankful

Ah, Thanksgiving. It was actually a nice, mostly even-tempered holiday. Well, my Aunt Louise had like three conniption fits, seemingly for no reason, but, for her, that's pretty awesome. And for the first time in YEARS we didn't have to deal with my toxic cousins. Which if you knew them -- and the shit they pulled last Christmas -- you would know is a very good thing.

Anyway, I'm thankful today. Thankful for my fabulous friends; my crazy Aunt Louise; my adorable, doting mother (who didn't want anyone to not have their favorite kind of pie so she bought every kind in the store which resulted in six pies for eight people); my sister; my dad; and -- if you can believe it -- even my slightly distempered, most likely inbred kitties. And they are in turn are thankful for the event of their first Thanksgiving because they're enjoying white meat turkey for the first time in their little fuzzy lives. In this prevailing spirit of gratitude I'm choosing to wait until tomorrow to get mad at them for the fact that they got into my laundry hamper and scattered clothes all over the bedroom. Sometimes, I swear, it's like they have thumbs. How did they get the goddamn lid off in the first place?

No comments: